Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing #25 GOOGLE MAPS

WOW! I've used Google Maps for what seems like forever. I relized through this exercise I was never really using it at all :-) Anyway....I had alot of fun with this one. I found the Nebraska State Capitol and saw several different colored cars - red, white, etc. My favorite view is the street view. I lived in Germany during my high school days and it was nostalgic and VERY COOL to be able to "walk" along some of those streets again....such memories! I searched for EUS3 and there are so many markers. I tried cleaning them up. I can't figure out some things about removing markers but I'm actually still working on it. I also created a custom map. If you search in Google maps for "ESU3 School Districts" you will find it. I also "claimed" the media center. While I was wrorking on this assignment I also downloaded Google Earth. I can't wait to spend some time with that. All in all this was a great learing experience.

1 comment:

Allana said...

I like the ESU3 map! That’s a great use of a customized map. I’ve added it to my list of My Maps.