Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thing #27

I created a facebook account some time ago. I initially created it so I could "watch" my kids and their friends. Although I still am "friends" with them, I now use it primarily to communicate with lots of family members who don't live close by and that I don't get to visit with often. I check it every night to see if any of them have posted anything. It's a great way to stay in touch on a regular basis without having to wait for a family reunion and I love getting to see pictures of all the kids as they grow up. It's so easy and I can totally understand why today's youth love this product. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though they comprehend the repercussions of inappropriate language and pictures in regards to future employment. Some of the stuff my kids' friends put out there is disturbing. So, write to you in September!

No comments: